This is a 5-day live workshop on introduction to the world of fashion and personal styling. You'll learn how to assess your client's wardrobe requirements in line with their budget and lifestyle, and be taught how to create outfits that will enhance your client's body shape and improve their confidence. You will learn client consultation, wardrobe editing, and colour analysis.
Towards the end of the workshop series, you will be given an assignment that allows you to practice topics from the class, and you will be given personal feedback from the tutors. There will be some elements of self directed study, and students will be expected to visit retail environments in order to complete some of the personal shopping tasks.
A background to the Fashion Media and different types of styling. Why does styling matter? What does a stylist do?
- Key skills for a personal stylist
- Identifying body shapes and proportions for women
- Shapes and silhouettes - building effective wardrobes for every body shape
- Luxury vs budget - when to save and when to spend
- Working within a client budget to create current looks
- Wardrobe edits and capsule wardrobes
- Creating mood boards with clients
- An exploration of trends, how to spot them, and what impact do they have on us and our clients?
- An introduction to trend forecasting
- Insider tips on fit and wardrobe hacks
- How to conduct a client consultation
- Using a client's skin, eye and hair colour to identify the best tones for clothing
- Completion of research tasks and independent research
By the end of this course you will have:
- Become confident identifying different body shapes and knowing the clothes to suit them
- Learnt to match garments and trends to a client's colouring and personal tastes
- A good understanding of how to assemble looks within budget constraints
- Learnt to work with a range of clients and conduct consultations in a professional manner
- Learnt techniques to explore ideas and looks with clients including moodboards
- Received tips and trips from accomplished personal stylists
- Received personal feedback on you assignments from the tutors
- Gained a valuable insight into the personal styling profession, and how to become a successful stylist
About Anuj Lalwani:
Anuj Lalwani is one of the eminent designers and celebrity stylists in the country. Having had a stylist career for over 12 years in the fashion industry, Anuj has a superb eye for style and visual composition. From the moment you start this session, it is all about YOU. Anuj likes to make styling fun for all his clients by helping the discover the best versions of themselves with style. By the end of the session, you will come out confident and ready to conquer the world being you!